NEW Online Antenatal Yoga Course – Starting June 2020
Dates: Weekly from 3rd June - 8th July 2020 via Zoom
Time: 6.00-6.45pm via Zoom
Normally, at this time of year, I run 2 x weekly face-to-face antenatal yoga classes which include lots of practical yoga as part of active birth preparations, as well as learning about useful breathing and mindfulness techniques. During the Covid-19 pandemic, I am unable to deliver this course in the usual way. So, I have devised a new online course that can be done safely at home – no matter where you are.
I ask students to give feedback on the course after their baby is born, and find the most common benefit is meeting up with other women who are going through the same experience. I would love to help continue with this regular sharing of
pregnancy journeys. “My breath really was my best friend” is another frequent
comment in birth-stories. Learning simple breathing techniques is easily done online.
The most important consideration for me putting this online course together is safety, so the main difference is that there will be less yoga posture/āsana work online, and more emphasis on the weekly topic (see below), breathwork, affirmations & the power of the mind. There will be some gentle stretching while sitting and standing to create more space for the breath.
Each weekly 45-minute class will focus on a specific theme and includes:
1. Weekly check-in: how are you, any news/queries
2. Breathing techniques + exercises
3. Gentle stretching sitting and standing
4. Affirmation and sound
5. Pelvic floor exercises
The themes for the 6 weeks are:
1. 3rd June: Breath – why and how your breath will be your best friend in labour
2. 10th June: Hormones - oxytocin, adrenaline & relaxing
3. 17th June:Active birth - why staying upright and active is important
4. 24th June:Affirmations - talk yourself into an easy birth
5. 1st July: Sound - why and how making noise helps
6. 8th July: 10 top tips for labour
You will need a 65-75cm fitness ball and access to Zoom. Each week you will receive
handouts by email to complement class content.
All that you learn on this course may be beneficial during labour and birth - it is also
a time for relaxing and taking time-out for mum & baby.
If you have any questions or would like to book your place, please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.